Simplicity in the kitchen is always appreciated so it’s nice when you come up with a recipe that can be turned into a meal on it’s own, or used as an appetizer. You get added bonus points when the food is healthy and tastes great – and that’s exactly what we’re working with today as Chef Laura welcomed us back into her kitchen.
Not only is Laura Romito an amazing chef and seasoned recipe creator, but she’s also the mastermind behind Food Geek Foods and the delicious brand of High 5 Salts. It’s always a treat to partner up with her in the kitchen to see what mouth watering creations she can whip up.
With these gluten free potato pancakes we skipped the wheat flour, which can be a little heavier. Instead we reached for oat flour, which gave us a nice and light consistency that was also gluten-free. The oat flour has a bit of a sweeter taste, but in this case you could use millet flour too, which has a bit more of a nuttier taste.
Gluten Free Potato Pancakes
– 2 cups shredded potatoes
– 1/2 cup finely diced onion
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 cup Relative Foods Oat Flour – or – Relative Foods Millet Flour
– 1 to 2 tsp High 5 Original Unboring Salt Blend – or – fine sea salt to taste
– Avocado oil, sunflower oil, or high heat oil of your choice for sautéeing
– Combine all ingredients and let rest for 5 minutes
– Preheat a non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until the surface is hot but not smoking, approx. 2-3 minutes
– Add small amount of oil and allow to heat, approx. 30 seconds
– Drop potato mixture in small mounds on to surface of pan spreading slightly so they are not too thick and have lots of surface area for browning
– Sauté for approx. 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through completely
– Serve hot with sour cream and applesauce (optional)
In the video, Chef Laura has doubled the recipe to serve 4-6.
If you make these delicious gluten free potato pancakes, be sure take a photo and tag us on social media – we love to see what you’re up to in the kitchen!