It’s always nice when you can take a breakfast staple and make it healthy, without compromising any of the taste. That’s exactly what Chef Laura Romito did when she came up with this recipe for banana pancakes.
Not only is Laura Romito an amazing chef and seasoned recipe creator, but she’s also the mastermind behind Food Geek Foods and the delicious brand of High 5 Salts. It’s always a treat to partner up with her in the kitchen to see what mouth watering creations she can whip up.
This is a fun and healthy twist on standard pancakes. Because there is no gluten in the flour, the batter doesn’t get tough so you never have to worry about over mixing.
Gluten Free Banana Pancakes
– 3 ripe bananas
– 1/2 cup strawberry or vanilla kefir or yogurt
– 2 eggs
– 2 tbsp avocado or sunflower oil
– 1/2 tsp High 5 Tickled Pink Himalayan Salt Blend – or – sea salt
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 1/2 cup Relative Foods Oat Flour – or – Relative Foods Millet Flour
– 2 tbsp Relative Foods Organic Cane Sugar
– Place bananas, yogurt, eggs, oil, salt and sugar in a blender
– Blend until smooth, approx. 30 seconds
– Add flour, baking soda and baking powder and blend to combine
– Cook in a non-stick pan with a small amount of oil or butter, flipping each pancake after about 15 seconds, or when surface of pancakes form small bubbles
– Finish on second side for about 30 seconds, or until no raw batter remains
– Keep warm and serve with fresh blueberries and a sprinkle of Relative Foods Organic Brown Sugar
For those of you who really love bananas, you can top with a few additional slices.
If you make these delicious gluten free banana pancakes, be sure take a photo and tag us on social media – we love to see what you’re up to in the kitchen!
Want more gluten free recipes? Check out this one for our gluten free potato pancakes.