If you’ve never had the pleasure of experiencing authentic pão de queijo, you don’t know what you’re missing. The perfect Brazilian cheese bread is slightly crisp on the outside and incredibly soft and chewy on the inside.
There’s no possible way you can eat just one. But maybe that’s not such a bad thing because this delectable appetizer is incredibly easy to make at home.
Brazilian Cheese Bread
– 1 egg at room temperature
– 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 2/3 cup milk
– 1 1/2 cup Relative Foods Tapioca Flour
– 1 teaspoon Relative Foods Pink Himalayan Salt
– 1/2 cup grated cheese, we used a vintage Irish cheddar cheese, but you could try goat, parmesan, or a variety
– Preheat oven to 400F
– Grease a mini muffin tin with olive oil
– Put all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until you have a smooth mixture
– Pour the mixture into the muffin tin, leaving ample room at the top
– Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the bread is puffy and golden brown
– Remove from oven and place bread on a cooling rack for a couple minutes
It’s so easy to customize this recipe for your family by mixing up the cheese, adding Italian seasoning, or serving them with marinara sauce. The possibilities are endless. If you prefer to have a few fresh bread balls at a time you can save the batter in the refrigerator for a couple days and bake as needed.
If you make these amazing Brazilian cheese bread balls, be sure take a photo and tag us on social media – we love to see what you’re up to in the kitchen!